Staff at Stanley Park Infants’ School will make every effort to ensure that your child settles down quickly to structured learning, in a stimulating atmosphere.
Please note the following points:
- The doors into the classrooms and the school will be open at the designated opening times. Please do not stay or escort children into the cloakroom or classroom areas.
- Please closely supervise all younger children on school premises while waiting at the beginning and end of the school day – do not allow them to use the playground equipment.
- If you have a personal appointment, meeting at the school, or are collecting your child because of illness during the school day, please check into the school office first.
- Please do not drive cars down Glebe Path; the entrance to the path is closed at both the start and end of the school day.
- NEVER park or stop to allow children to get out of the vehicle on the zigzag “Keep Clear” markings outside the school. When using the neighbouring streets to bring your children to school, please park responsibly.
- Dinner money, for children in the nursery who are not entitled to free school meals, must be paid on ParentPay. If your child will miss morning registration, but will still require a lunch, please ring the school office to order before 9:30am.
- Packed lunches should be contained in an appropriate lunchbox or bag, clearly labelled on the outside with your child’s name and class. Plastic carrier bags are not acceptable, although may be used to wrap a lunchbox that has transparent flaps.
- Milk is available each term. This must be ordered and paid for in advance via Cool Milk, it is free for children under 5, and for those entitled to free school meals (not the ‘universal infant free school meals’).
- Various fresh fruit and vegetables are provided for children at morning break.
- Please do not bring any food onto the school premises that contain nuts (including peanut butter and Nutella). We have children with severe allergies and exposure to these items, including airborne, could be fatal.
- All school uniform must be marked with the child’s name, especially detachable hoods on outdoor coats. We avoid ‘lost property’ by returning named items to the child. It is best to use sewn-in name tags but, if writing on items, please use the child’s name rather than initials.
- PE Bags containing shorts, t-shirts and plimsolls that are all clearly marked should be left in school all week and taken home for washing at weekends or at least on a half termly basis.
- Tracksuit Days – children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 should come to school wearing tracksuit bottoms and trainers with their school polo shirt and jumper. For Reception this is a Tuesday and Thursday, for Year 1 a Friday and for Year 2 a Thursday.
- If your child is sick, please telephone the school and select the first option to leave details of your child’s absence (this is an automated line and is open 24 hours). If you do not inform us, you will receive a phone call to ask where your child is.